LOCAL GOV    Municipal Services - Building Permits
Rural Municipality of Reynolds
P.O. Box 46
Hadashville, Manitoba
R0E 0X0
Phone: (204) 426-5305
Fax: (204) 426-5552



Development Officer & Building Inspector:  Bert Kuypers 204-348-7138 or toll free 1-877-348-7138

DEVELOPMENT PLAN:  Under the authority of the Planning Act the Municipalities of Reynolds and Whitemouth formed the Whitemouth Reynolds Planning District.  The Planning District hired Lombard North Group to review and amend the District’s Development Plan.  The Plan provides a framework for guiding the development of land within the District.  Several Public Meetings and consultations have been held and now the draft Development Plan will be presented to the public on August 16th, 2010 at 7:00 pm at the Elma Community Centre – we encourage everyone to attend.  The draft Plan can be viewed at the RM of Reynolds Office or on our website. 

ZONING BY-LAW:  The Reynolds Zoning Bylaw No. 11/03 enabled Council to adopt specific regulations for the use and development of the land within Reynolds.  The Zoning Bylaw provides an essential mechanism for implementing the policies set out in the Development Plan.  Please contact the RM of Reynolds office or the Whitemouth Reynolds Planning District to verify that any change in use of your property conforms to the permitted use under the zoning by-law. 

BUILDING PERMITS:  In 2009, 80 building permits were issued in the District with a total construction value estimated at 6,450,000.00; 39 permits were issued in the RM of Reynolds for an estimated value of $2,003,000.00.  A building permit provides authorization to begin construction of a building project and it is required in order to protect the health and safety requirements of the public.  Permits must be obtained from the Building Inspector before any activity begins (i.e. construction, plumbing, demolition or removal).  Permits issued after construction has started are subject to doubled permit fees and unconfirmed inspection status.  Inquiries concerning building, plumbing, and demolition permits or development permits for agricultural structures should be addressed to Bert Kuypers, Development Officer and Building Inspector.