How can I pay my taxes?
· The RM of Reynolds accepts cash, cheque, Telpay, E-Transfers ( email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions) and credit union members are able to add us as a payee with their on-line banking. Please click on the Link for Instructions: E-Transfer CU On-Line Payment Instructions
· The RM office also has a drop box for after hours cheque payments.
· Penalties of 1.25% are applied at the first of each month, every month until the account is paid in full.
What if I do not receive my Tax Statement?
· Tax statements are mailed out in July of each year and are due on October 31 or the last Friday of the month. If you do not receive a statement, please call us to ask for one as you are still responsible for paying your taxes.
Can I appeal my Tax Statement / Assessment?
· No, however you can appeal the assessed value of your property through the Board of Revision held in the late fall. Prior to filing an appeal, you are encouraged to discuss the matter with the Provincial Municipal Assessment Branch in Steinbach at (204) 326-9896.
T The Board of Revision applications must be received prior to October 19, 2020 at 12:00 pm and the Board of Revision is scheduled for November 3, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
How are my taxes calculated?
· Taxes are calculated by multiplying the Mill rate and your Portioned Assessment, see the formula below.
· Your Portioned Assessment / 1000 x Mill Rate = Tax Amount
How do I request a Tax Certificate?
· Tax Certificates can be requested by email to email@example.com or by fax to 204-426-5552.
· The fee for Tax Certificates is $35.00.
How can I contact Assessment?
· Assessment in Steinbach can be reached at 204-326-9896. If you are appealing an assessment contact David Forbes at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 204-329-3181.
· Who do I call with animal complaints?
· The RM of Reynolds currently contracts Rural Animal Management Services (R.A.M.S) to attend to any animal complaints. R.A.M.S. can be reached at 204-223-5521.
What if I have a question or complaint about Reynolds Ponds?
· Reynolds Ponds is on Crown Land. Inquiries can be directed to the Provincial Info Line at 204-945-6784.
Th The RM of Reynolds is not responsible for any maintenance on Fireguard 13 going into Reynolds Ponds. This property and roads are Crown Lands.
· Any concerns regarding fire safety or recreational vehicles can be forwarded to MB Conservation, for garbage concerns, the Environmental Officer.
· MB Conservation Steinbach 204-346-6110, Beausejour 204-268-6184, Rennie 204-369-3153.
· The Environmental Officer, Justin Paille can be reached at 204-392-4020 or email@example.com .
· Report Forest Fires or Poachers to 1-800-782-0076.
Why do I need a Lottery License?
· The Municipality has the authority to issue lottery raffle licenses to charitable and religious organizations located within the RM of Reynolds to conduct and manage a raffle lottery where the total prizes do not exceed $3000.00. A Raffle License is 1% of the prize or a minimum of $5.00. For any raffle lottery that will exceed $3000.00, application must be made to:
Liquor and Gaming Authority MB
800-215 Garry St, Winnipeg, MB R3C 3P3
204-954-9424 or 1-800-782-0363
How do I submit a community event for the RM Website?
How do I add a link or Business information to the Business page on the RM Website?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any business links or information to be added to the RM Business page.
How Do I contact the Waste Management Site?
From October 1 to April 30
From October 1 to April 30hours are Sunday and Monday closed. Tuesday 8 am to 4:30 pm, Wednesday 11:30 am to 8 pm, Thursday 8 am to 4:30 pm, Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
From May 1 to September 30 hours are Sunday Closed. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday - 8:00 am to 4:30, Wednesday 11:30 am to 8:00 pm.